Temporary Student ID
- Valid (at least temporary) student ID is necessary for buying or applying for a monthly student pass, which might be useful for international students.
- Required documents: an activated EHA-code (following the Neptun registration) and the student’s passport.
Permanent Student ID
In case of longer stays (in excess of 1 year), application for a permanent student ID is recommended.
- Required documents: passport and certificate of university attendance
Process of application:
- At the Okmányiroda (National Office for Legal Identification Documents) personal details are registered and a photo is taken of the student free of charge.
- The student receives a form, which should be taken to the Students’ Services Office (HSZI).
- The actual application costs 1400 HUF. This fee can be paid on the spot by credit card or at the post office by cash.
- The Students’ Services Office will inform the student if the permanent student ID is ready.
- In case of group arrivals (groups of 5-10 people), the coordinator should make an appointment at the Okmányiroda.
- English-speaking administrator is provided at the Okmányiroda
It is mandatory to hold a student card, as it is the only way of proving that you have an active status at the University. I also entitles students to enjoy a number of discounts in many places.